Southwest Florida First-Time Home Buyers
If you are a first-time home buyer, use the guide below for helpful hints and tips and learn how to avoid common mistakes when buying your first home in Southwest Florida.
Get Pre-Approved to Know EXACTLY how much Southwest Florida home you can afford (
- Pre-Qualification: First, use our mortgage calculator to estimate how much you can afford to pay for a home. Then meet with a mortgage banker or broker.
- Pre-Approval: While knowing how much you can afford is the first step, sellers will be much more receptive to potential buyers who have been pre-approved. You'll also avoid being disappointed when going after homes that are out of your price range. With Pre-Approval, the buyer actually applies for a mortgage and receives a commitment in writing from a lender.
- Make a List of Needs & Wants: The first list should include items you must have such as the number of bedrooms you need for the size of your family, a one-story house if accessibility is a factor. Also, where you might want to live, in cities such as Fort Myers or Naples. The second list is your wishes - things you would like to have (pool, den, etc.) but that are not absolutely necessary. Realistically for first-time buyers, you probably will not get everything on your wish list, but it will keep you on track for what you are looking for.
See ALL the Newest Homes for Sale in Southwest Florida: Last Updated
- Representation by a Professional: Use a buyers real estate agent, one who is working for you as a home buyer, not the seller.
- Focus & Organization: In a convenient location, keep handy the items that will assist you in maximizing your home search efforts.
- Visualize the house empty & with your decor: Are there enough rooms? Is there enough light?
- Be Objective: Instead of thinking with your heart when you find a home, think with your head. Does this home really meet your needs? There are many homes on the market, so don't make a hurried decision that you may regret later.
All the above may seem rather overwhelming. That's why you should have a professional home buyers real estate agent represent you to help you keep track of all the details of your Southwest Florida home search. Please contact us to help you find that home of your dreams!
See ALL the Coming Soon and Off-Market Homes for Sale in Southwest Florida: Last Updated